Sport peppers are a specific cultivated variety, or cultivar, of Capsicum Annum. The term "sport" may have originated because these peppers are used as condiments on hot dogs sold in baseball parks. They are not related to tabascos, which are Capsicum Frustescens. Sport peppers are great sliced on pizza, diced or chopped on sandwiches, or placed whole in cold-cut subs or hoagies, but their most famous use is on Chicago Style Hot Dogs.
- SQF Certified
- FDA registered with fully implemented bio-security program
- Color sorted peppers eliminates undesirable colors
- Shelf stable - requires no refrigeration or thermal processing
- Firm crisp texture - never cooked
- Hand de-stemmed - fewer seeds and no wood centers