Serrano is pronounced: suh rah noh. Serrano (chile) peppers have thin walls. They don't need to be steamed or peeled before using, making it one of the easiest (chile) pepper to use for salsas. The Serrano chile is green in color at first, and ripens to brown and then red. The Serrano pepper is said to be about 5 times hotter than the typical jalapeño and rates between 8,000 and 10,000 Scoville units on the heat index.
- AIB audited Superior
- FDA registered with fully implemented bio-security program
- Color sorted peppers eliminates undesired colors
- Shelf stable - requires no refrigeration or thermal processing
- Firm crisp texture - never cooked
- Hand de-stemmed - fewer seeds and no wood centers