The Habanero, pronounced hah bahn air oh, is recognized as one of the hottest (chile) peppers. This pepper, which can be any color from green to yellow to red, is approximately 3 centimeters in length. However, do not let the small size fool you. The Habanero chile can pack a punch! The Scoville Heat Index for the Habanero chile starts at 20,000 and goes up from there. The oil in the Habanero can be very painful if you get it in your eyes or makes contact with unprotected skin. Wearing gloves while handling is your best bet.
- SQF Certified
- FDA registered with fully implemented bio-security program
- Color sorted peppers eliminates undesirable colors
- Shelf stable - requires no refrigeration or thermal processing
- Firm crisp texture - never cooked
- Hand de-stemmed - fewer seeds and no woody centers
- Available as pureed and diced