The Cayenne (chile) pepper is a member of the Capsicum family of vegetables. The common name "Cayenne" was actually given to this pepper because of its cultivation in a town that bears the same name in French Guiana on the northeast coast of South America. The Cayenne pepper for making mash or hot sauce averages 2,500 Scoville Heat Index and is popular with those looking to add heat to food.
- AIB Audited Superior
- FDA registered with fully implemented bio-security program
- Shelf stable - requires no refrigeration or thermal processing
- Hand de-stemmed - fewer seeds and wood centers
- Aged cayenne mash is authentic Lousiana-style
- Available as puree, sauce or mash
- Available 12 months of the year