The Banana pepper (also known as the yellow wax pepper or banana chile) is a member of the (chile) pepper family. It is often pickled and used as an ingredient in sandwiches. It is a variety of the species Capsicum Annuum. Its shape and color resembles a banana and the flavor is not very hot (0-500 Scoville units). These peppers are harvested for optimal color and sweetness. Banana peppers are typically yellow, but can also be orange or red depending on maturity level.
- SQF Certified
- FDA registered - Fully implemented bio-security program
- Color sorted peppers eliminates undesired colors
- Shelf stable - requires no refigeration or thermal processing
- Firm crisp texture - never cooked
- Hand de-stemmed - fewer seeds and no wood centers